Understanding The Design Sensibility of India and Its Evolution
- A global brand wanted to focus its efforts on designing products developed in India for the Indian consumer.
- We needed to understand how India’s lifestyle and design sensibility was developing and the opportunities for new product development.
- Multi stage approach conducted in 2 phases, 3 years apart.
- Online and offline secondary research for hypothesis development and setting the enquiry framework.
- Interviews with an expert panel comprising of colour consultants, youth experts, graphic designers, product developers etc.
- Immersion and learning journeys to gather visual stimulus and first hand inspiration.
- Ethnographic interviews with leading edge consumers.
- Development and future forward workshop to develop platform for product development.
- 3 key opportunity areas were mapped for product development through a workshop process.
- Cultural book for visual inspiration of designers and product planners within client organization.
- Product line up for short and medium term.